"I TRULY believe we can overwhelm the darkness of this world by shining something BRIGHTER and more BEAUTIFUL."

June 5, 2011

scrambling

The past couple days have had me scrambling!

Here's to the end of hours on the phone, hundreds of e-mails, endless errands, and last-minute packing!

Here's to the joy of wonderful friends, good food, running my first 5K, and leaving for Haiti in the morning!


I wanted sushi, a hamburger, and a
PCJ mocha shake before leaving the
country. Check, check, and check. :)
Thanks Justin for being all about
finding a good burger place in
downtown Raleigh.


I will be in Haiti for just three weeks this time: June 6-27.

With half of my trip up in the air, I've been scrambling to figure out logistics. A newfound friend of mine inadvertantly reminded me of the very verse I lived and breathed in Haiti last time: "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed...In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." (Proverbs 16:3,9) I couldn't have asked for a better reminder that stopped me in my mental tracks. So, here's to ending the scrambling. Things will work themselves out.

I am sitting here smiling as I think about being back in Haiti again. After spending five weeks in Haiti earlier in the year, I managed to last maybe two weeks before booking another flight back.There's just something about that place :)

I will update as often as possible. With the rainy season, electricity (and therefore internet) may be lacking at times.

So much love,
Janae

2 comments:

  1. Have fun!!! Be safe!!! Keep in touch!!! :)

    Jonesy

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS ON YOUR 5K. Bc youre so much more awesome than I am.... (head hung in shame)

    I miss you and I love keeping up with you on here. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete