"I TRULY believe we can overwhelm the darkness of this world by shining something BRIGHTER and more BEAUTIFUL."

June 7, 2011

seguin, again

I cannot put into words how wonderful it is to be back in Haiti. There are moments I feel like I never left.

Highlights:

1. Eating yummy street food from the same place I did last time (if you don't recall, I got major food poisoning last time around). Probably not smart, but I did not get sick this time!

2. Not dying on the 8 hour ride up the mountain! Liz and I were in the truck bed on top of all the luggage the entire time. At one point, both my feet were in the air and I was on my way out of the truck. At one point, we were delerious from exhaustion and in hysterics trying not to inhale rice. I'm sore from the long ride up, but do as the Haitians do! I prefer it - it's just more fun being in the back.

3. The river being crossable.

4. Getting the truck un-stuck from all the mud we found waiting for us in Seguin. We were maybe 5 minutes away when the truck got stuck. A couple piles of rocks and 4 girls pushing the truck later... we were free.

5. The kids in Seguin remembering my name. It made my heart happy. My Creole has improved greatly since last time, so they were quite pleased.

6. Water.

7. Playing with the kids outside the clinic today. We played soccer, slid down the hill on pieces of pipe and tin, and danced around without a care in the world.

8. Liz being all sorts of awesome. We're going to wake up at 5am every day to practice Creole. We're also going to move to Haiti together (kidding..wait.. maybe). Read about her thoughts of Seguin here: homeinhaiti.blogspot.com

Love to you all,
Janae



No comments:

Post a Comment