"I TRULY believe we can overwhelm the darkness of this world by shining something BRIGHTER and more BEAUTIFUL."

June 15, 2011

steadiness

My time in Seguin is coming to a close.

Thinking about leaving so soon makes me a little sad. When I think of Haiti, I immediately think of Seguin. It's definitely my comfort zone.

The long awaited plan: I'll be spending an extended weekend in Jacmel with Nick and Gwenn at Joy in Hope and then traveling to Titanyen to volunteer with Mission of Hope. This makes me laugh because this one simple sentence took two weeks to figure out. I definitely let myself become way too overwhelmed planning my last week in Haiti. Unsuccessful plans...failed options... missing phone numbers... lack of internet and phone service...no way to get from point A to point B... I let the stress get to me. It would get to anyone, but I'm still not proud of how I let it overwhelm me.

My devotional for today was a perfectly timed reminder. Figured I'd share:

"I am training you in my steadiness. Too many things interrupt your awareness of me. I know you live in a world of sight and sound, but you must not be a slave to those stimuli. Awareness of me can continue in all circumstances. No matter what happens. This is steadiness I desire for you.

Don't let unexpected events throw you off course. Rather, respond calmly and confidently, remembering that I am with you. As soon as something grabs your attention, talk with me about it. Thus, I share in your joys and problems. I help you cope with whatever is before you. This is the way of peace."

Philippians 4:4-8

Love, Janae

No comments:

Post a Comment